Joint replacement surgery is a major decision for you and your orthopedic specialist to discuss and determine if it's the right choice for you. Our joint replacement specialists will take the time to understand your lifestyle and your current health. From there a treatment plan can be created that may include joint preservation techniques, therapy and pain management in order to avoid or delay surgery. In some cases, the physician will determine that you are a candidate for a complete or partial hip, knee or shoulder replacement including the new reverse shoulder replacement for those who have rotator cuff damage. Previously, shoulder joint replacement wasn't an option for these patients. It's now available and being performed by our own Dr. Paul Chin.
Some questions you might ask yourself before visiting with our joint replacement team include:
- Does the affected joint hurt one or more days per week?
- Does the pain interfere with your sleep?
- Is it painful for you when you perform everyday activites?
- Are pain medications no longer working?
- Is joint pain limiting your participation in activities you love?
- Have you used therapy or joint preservation techniques with no success?
Please let our surgeons know the answers to these questions and please feel free to ask as many questions as you might have. Our goal is to make every patient feel as though they are the only patient in the office which means our doctors will spend the time you need to ensure you understand everything you can about your joint replacement surgery.